BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Question: Acne Scarring and Redness

I just got a question about how to get rid of acne scarring and redness.

There are tons of home remedies for this such as:

  1.   Blend plain yogurt and fresh apples into a paste, and applying it onto your face like a mask and leaving it on til dry or about 20 minutes, rinsing your face, and letting the nutrients soak into your skin. I suggest doing this at night before you sleep.
  2. Use plain yogurt and apply it to your face like a mask just like the above remedy.
These are both good for scarring and redness and are easy, accessible, and virtually free!

Non- home made remedies for acne scars are

Mario Badescu Whitening Mask-- I have been using this for about 1 month now and I love it so far, I haven't seen too much of a difference in my acne scarring but after another month or so I'll post before and after pictures and do a full review on this product. It's $25 and leaves my skin glowing however I think using it atleast 3 times a week and leaving it on for more than 20 minutes is the best way to use this mask.

Bio Oil- Although it is an oil using it on your face in places with scarring greatly lightens acne scars in a span of a few months. I personally haven't gotten used to putting oil on my face because my skin is naturally oily but your skin absorbs this oil unlike cocoa oil or baby oil. However be careful if you have sensitive skin. I also use this on my stretch marks and will post before and after pictures in a few months as well.

I'd use the whitening mask along with bio oil or the natural yogurt masks along with bio oil for maximum results for acne scarring.

In terms of redness I have found that the yogurt methods as well as the whitening mask have improved the redness I get from acne. There is another natural method you can try for redness and puffiness

Green Tea Ice Cubes-
You'll need:
1 plain green tea with antioxidants packet
1 ice tray
1 measuring cup
2-3 vitamin E gel capsules
toothpicks for every ice cube slot

  1. Warm up water as if you were making tea
  2. Place the tea bag and water in a measuring cup
  3. Allow the water to absorb the tea for 5-7 minutes
  4. Break open your vitamin e capsules and mix it into the tea
  5. Allow the tea to cool
  6. Pour into the ice tray
  7. Freeze for about 6 hours(until the ice is partially solid)
  8.  Place tooth picks in every green tea ice cube
  9. Allow to freeze completely
How to use:
  • Take 1 ice cube out w/ toothpick
  • Gently massage ice cube all over your clean face
  • Allow the nutrients to soak in
  • Then go on with your normal morning routine
This method is good for puffiness and redness and the vitamin e soothes and moisturizes. This should be used in the morning.

I hope this helps Anonymous! Stay tuned for a full review on Bio Oil and Mario Badescu Whitening Mask!

2 comments:

  1. i too have some acne scarring and some reddness, which is only in the cheek area. It seems like the most sensitive part on my face is that area (cheeks) does microdermabrasion work? or any other skin peeling products to get rid of the scarring? Also, could that mask you mentioned be purchased at any store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mario Badescu is available at some CVS stores and at Nordstrom as far as I know.

    Microdermabrasion does help a lot with scarring as well as acne but I'd consult a good dermatologist before going through with it just to make sure it's ok for your skin type!

    ReplyDelete