BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Piercing Care

Hello Lovelies,

I'm going to tell you guys how I care for my piercings, new and old. When I was 15 I got my nose pierced and it got infected continuously until I went to my doctor and got antibiotics, at the time my mom and I thought that cleaning it with Hydrogen Peroxide and then dabbing some Neosporin on it would do the trick --> boy were we wrong. NEVER use those on piercings!

When I got my belly button pierced a few years later I realized that caring for a piercing is a bit more tedious than that.

My piercer gave me Provon Medicated Soap for my belly button piercing to clean it. This stuff works wonders on any surface piercing! At my piercer's it costs $5 a bottle however other places may charge you up to $15 a bottle. You can find it online at Amazon however I'd probably look for it at my nearest piercing shop.



I wish I knew about it when I had gotten my nose pierced over 4 years ago! Not only was my belly button fully healed in less than 3 months, but I never had and issue with it.

My piercer told me to mix warm water with uniodized sea salt in a disposable plastic shot glass and flip the cup over my piercing and then to lay down with it like that for about 15 minutes every night which helped soothe it on top of using Provon twice a day. The uniodized sea salt can be found at pretty much any grocery store and isn't expensive at all. Most of us have it in our kitchens, just make sure its uniodized.

Provon was also amazing for my upper ear cartilage piercings I got about a year ago. I had scar tissue growing around the backs of them so I started to clean them with Provon in the shower.

When you have scar tissue on an ear piercing you want to dab Tea Tree Oil on it twice a day for about 2 weeks and the scar tissue will disappear! I'm pretty sure you can use Tea Tree Oil on other surface piercings, as well as for acne blemishes. Tea Tree Oil can be found at any drugstore and costs around $9 for a little bottle of it. A little goes a long way!



H20 Ocean is the best sea salt spray! I've tried several brands and this one is the best! It actually sprays rather than kinda dripping out of the nozzle. I suggest this and Provon for cleaning dermal anchors as well as for ear cartilage piercings! It's a bit on the pricey side at $15 a can at most places, but it's worth it! You can find it at your local Piercing Pagoda or Hot Topic as well as a piercing shop.



I still clean all of my piercings with Provon in the shower even if they aren't irritated, especially after I work out and in the summer no matter how long I've had them. Piercings can still get irritated and infected no matter how long you have had them! As far as the other treatments go I wouldn't do those unless you get any bumps, possible infections, or scar tissue. Remember it's not good to over clean your piercings because that can agitate a perfectly healthy piercing!

I'm not expert at piercings, however I have quite a few and have experienced a lot of the common problems with them, and these treatments helped me!

~Jasmin

2 comments:

  1. where is your piercer's shop ?
    im having lots of trouble with my belly ring and i need it asap D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few choice ones I'm from NJ so I go to either Tako Tsubo in south jersey and see Sophia or Revolver in New brunswick and see Ashley

    ReplyDelete