BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BH 120 Colors Palette 2nd Edition Review

Hey Pretties!

My first review is going to be on the BH 120 Colors Palette (2nd Edition). A friend of mine suggested it to me and I purchased it immediately. I'm not a fan of palettes and never really saw a point in getting them, but I love this one so far.

Before I bought this I compared it to the Manly 120 Colors Palette which was only available on Ebay and Amazon which makes me nervous because there wasn't a legit website. I compared pictures and I liked BH's 120 palette's better so I went for the most recent one, the 2nd edition. It was $29.95 from BH Cosmetics website. Which is very reasonable for what you get. It shipped quickly too!








Con: The packaging for this palette is a shiny black plastic. I couldn't really take a good picture without seeing my own reflection in it to show you BUT my problem with the packaging is that whenever you touch it you leave finger prints and smudges. I haven't even used it yet and there are a million smudges on it from just taking pics! I keep it in its paper box for storage to protect it a little, but I know that once I start using this for tutorials or when I do makeup for events it'll look terrible.

I swatched a few of them without a base in the pictures below and for the most part they are extremely pigmented which was a major plus point. When I was doing the swatches I noticed that they were powdery. I used a brush to apply them without a base and notice that they didn't turn out as pigmented when blended out but hopefully when I use a base that will change.



Overall this is a great palette to have whether it's for personal or professional use!



For tutorials done with this palette stay tuned!

~Jasmin

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jasmin -
    Great website!! You have a lot of helpful tips that I will definitely be using. I don't know if you've heard of coastal scents but I've bought their ultra shimmer eye palette that i love! they have matte as well and they cost only $20!

    - Rupa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rupa!
    Thank you! I appreciate it! I have heard of Coastal Scents I haven't gotten any of their palettes yet but they have very high quality products! Maybe I'll do a comparison in the future!

    ReplyDelete