BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Covergirl VoxBox Review!

Influenster generously sent me this Covergirl sponsored VoxBox to test their all new products!



I got their Plumify mascara!

The Oh Sugar tinted lip balm in Caramel 3 


And their TruNaked palette in Roses said to be comparable to Urban Decays Naked Palettes!


First I tried the #Plumify mascara. Although it made a difference as you can see below, it did not amaze me compared to other drugstore brands. The handle was really hard for me to hold. And the brush didn't grasp my lashes and too much product got on it creating a messy situation! I'm keeping it in my purse as my emergency mascara though! Believe it or not I forget to wear mascara too often!


In the above photo I also have on the Ph Sugar tinted lip balm in Caramel 3. It had enough pigment in it to cover my busted chapped lips but still looked natural which I liked for what this product was (from my understanding). It was just moisturizing enough and not too oily which was nice!

Next I swatched the eye shadow palette. Unfortunately I don't have any UD Naked palettes currently in either of my kits as I only purchased the original early in my kit and used it all up! But that being said I am very familiar with that quality. I was impressed by the pigmentation without primer but I did not like how powdery the shadows were. The powdery texture indicates to me that application can be tricky and you need a primer with pigment to it such as a MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre or UD original primer potion with NYC jumbo pencil in Milk over it. All shadows need primer in my opinion but the powdery texture of this to me warrants extra care.  Use a very dense shading brush to pack on the color! 


This is definitely not up to par with Urban Decay's Naked series! You can make it work though!
   

Thank you again Influenster and Covergirl for sending me these to try and giving me my first Covergirl experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment