BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Slimfast #ItsYourThing Advanced Nutrition diet trial!

The lovely folks at Influenster sent me this VoxBox that had a few of the items from Slimfast's new and improved diet program called Advanced Nutrition. 

I had not tried any of Slimfast's products prior to this but I have tried other brands products and do a similar diet myself on a daily basis! 

My personal diet consists of a protein bar or shake in the morning that I make with the powder and isn't pre-made. Lunch if I have time for it will be another protein bar and  dinner  is grilled chicken breast with a green veggie. 

I replaced my usuals with these Slimfast products for a few days to try everything out! 

The shake was good, no weird after taste and not too thick. I will still say I prefer  powders and mixing the shakes myself, and Slimfast actual does sell the powders on their own which is good to know. I would like to see what it had in it compared to other whey proteins, I try to keep my proteins as natural as possible with minimal additives. 


The next item was the protein bar which was delicious! It tasted more like a trail mix dipped in honey, then a protein bar. If they had a flavor without salt I would probably purchase! I try not to consume salt as much as possible so I can't really tolerate the taste of it! The salted dark chocolate one is yummy but the salt I can live without. 

The next items were the 100 calorie snacks. Now I don't snack throughout the day and typically don't even have the time to. But I did enjoy these for 2 days, the chip flavor was Sour Cream & Onion and the cookies were Cinnamon Bun. 


Again with the salt thing, although these chips are the perfect thing for people with chip cravings it's still too much salt for me. The cookies were a tasty treat that felt processed and like I shouldn't have it. Both are great for cravings. 

They suggest a shake or protein bar meal replacement  for 2 meals, 1 500 calorie healthy full meal, and 3 100 snacks throughout the day. 

All in all I would say I liked the protein bar the best!




No comments:

Post a Comment